Argentina’s World Cup-winning captain Lionel Messi’s Instagram post celebrating his team’s win is now the most-liked post on social media.
Messi’s post, a gallery of the footballer with the trophy and with his teammates, has over 68 million likes as of 5.00 pm on Wednesday. It has passed a record once held by the infamous egg on Instagram.
Messi’s post has also surpassed Bella Poarch’s wildly-viral TikTok from 2020, which has over 60 million likes.
Messi, 35, led Argentina to its first World Cup triumph in 36 years in Qatar.
The Paris St-Germain forward won the tournament’s Golden Ball - awarded to the best player - after scoring seven goals and helping set up three at his fifth World Cup.
The former Barcelona star is widely acknowledged as one of the greatest footballers of all time.
- Deodhar Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 1: Central 157/4 (38.3 overs) Rinku nears fifty; West gets six wickets; streaming updates
- Adrian Mannarino wins at Newport, ends great week for American Alex Michelsen
- NBA’s Kyle Anderson gains China citizenship ahead of FIBA World Cup
- Faf du Plessis is a Super King again!
- Akshay Bhatia earns big win at Barracuda in playoff