A supporter wearing a Tunisia shirt and holding a Palestinian flag ran on to the pitch at Education Stadium during the second half of the World Cup Group D game between Tunisia and France on Wednesday.
The man was pinned down and dragged off by around a dozen security officials to the chants of “Palestine, Palestine!”.
Several supporters were carrying the green, white, black and red Palestinian flag inside the compound of the stadium and they were raised during the game.
Fans also unfurled a Free Palestine flag during the game.
Earlier, Mario Ferri, 35, who calls himself “The Falcon”, interrupted the Portugal-Uruguay game when he sprinted on to the pitch wearing a blue Superman T-shirt with “Save Ukraine” on the front and “Respect for Iranian Woman” on the back.
He also carried a rainbow-coloured flag adorned with the words PACE, meaning peace in Italian.
“I’m BACK,” wrote the footballer on his Instagram page, where he describes himself as a “modern pirate”.
- Bahrain Grand Prix: F1 champion Verstappen of Red Bull on pole for season-opener
- Ranji Trophy semifinal: Chandrakant Pandit eyes victory against former side as Vidarbha, Madhya Pradesh face off
- German Open 2024: Jolly-Gayatri bow out of quarterfinals, lose to Chinese pair of Jing-Min
- Mohun Bagan vs Jamshedpur FC highlights, MBSG 3-0 JFC, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku, Cummings, Petratos goals guide Mariners to comfortable win
- ISL 2023-24: Mohun Bagan Super Giant cruises to win against Jamshedpur FC