The last dance continues: Argentina players applaud fans after the victory.
Smiles all through:Poland (0), with a better goal difference than Mexico (-1), progressed to the Round of 16. Al Dawsari scored in injury time against Mexico to knock the El Tri out.
Julian Alvarez scored to double Argentina’s lead. As things stand, Argentina is through to the Round of 16.
Alexis Mac Allister’s 46th minute strike gave argentina the lead. Szczesny’s length dive wasn’t enough to stop the shot.
Man of the hour: After a controversial penalty was awarded to Argentina, Szczesny stepped up big time to deny Messi and Co, a breakthrough.
Wojciech Szczesny put in a crucial save to deny Messi of a goal. This was Argentina’s first chance at a breakthrough. Photo: AFP
Poland’s Robert Lewandowski was a shadow of himself with zero shots on target.
Magician in action: The match is underway and Messi already looks threatening. Photo: Reuters
Stadium 974 in all its glory. PHOTO: Getty Images
Stating the obvious: Full house at the Stadium 974. PHOTO: Reuters
Fired up: Argentina fans are all set for the all important clash. Photo - REUTERS
Second time a charm? : Poland’s Robert Lewandowski, who recently broke his World Cup duck by scoring against Saudi Arabia, will have to step up for his nation as they gear up to face a daunting opponent. PHOTO: AP
IN FOCUS: Lionel Messi’s men will have one last shot at the FIFA World Cup Round of 16. They will aim for a win that will guarentee a knockout position. PHOTO: REUTERS
- IND vs NZ Highlights, ICC World Cup 2023 Semifinal: Kohli, Shreyas hundreds, Shami 7/57 help India to 70-run win vs New Zealand
- ODI World Cup 2023: Stop talking about pitch change, it was for both teams, says Gavaskar after India vs New Zealand semifinal
- FIFA 2026 World Cup AFC qualifiers all you need to know: When, where to watch India vs Kuwait; full schedule
- Babar Azam steps down as Pakistan captain in all three formats
- Best ODI bowling figures for India: Shami goes top with 7/57 vs NZ, overtakes Binny