France’s Stephanie Frappart became the first female official at a men’s FIFA World Cup match when she was named the fourth official for Tuesday’s Group C clash between Mexico and Poland at 974 Stadium.
Frappart, Salima Mukansanga of Rwanda and Yamashita Yoshimi of Japan have been named among the tournament’s referees along with three female assistant referees at the global showpiece event in Qatar.
Frappart was also the first woman to officiate a men’s Champions League game in 2020.
The 38-year-old has also officiated games in French Ligue 1 and the second-tier Europa League.
- Argentina’s Baez wins Rio Open title as players ask for more top tournaments in South America
- Ranji Trophy Live Score Quarterfinal Day 4 updates: Andhra on track for win vs MP; Mumbai takes lead vs Baroda
- Inter Miami vs LA Galaxy LIVE score, MLS updates: Jovelic scores as Los Angeles takes lead; LA 1-0 MIA
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test: IND 40/0, needs 152 runs more to win; Rohit, Jaiswal to continue
- Ligue 1: PSG’s Ramos replaces Mbappe and nets late equaliser against Rennes