Manchester United’s Casemiro scored the first goal of the match with a timely header, but the celebration was short-lived as the goal was ruled off-side.
A right-footed shot assisted by Robertson goes past David de Gea as Cody Gakpo opened the scoring for Liverpool in the 43rd minute, giving the home team a lead near half-time.
Liverpool’s Uruguayan striker Darwin Nunez doubled the lead in just few minutes in second half.
Liverpool was all over United when Cody Gakpo scored his second goal of the match. The Salah-Gapko duo deceived the United’s back line to triple the lead in just seven minutes since the first goal.
Mohamed Salah registered his name on the score sheet in the 60th minute to make it 4-0 against United.
Darwin Nunez of Liverpool continued to annihilate Manchester United at Anfield, scoring his second goal and the team’s fifth in the 75th minute.
Already the most successful African player in the English Premier League, Egyptian striker Mohamed Salah added another feather to his cap in the 83rd minute when he scored his second goal of the game to become Liverpool’s leading goal-scorer, surpassing club legend Robbie Fowler’s 128-goal mark to give Liverpool a 6-0 lead over its arch-rivals at Anfield.
Salah’s shirtless celebration cost him a yellow card from referee Andy Madley immediately after the sixth goal.
Coming off the bench in the 78th minute, Roberto Firmino put the final nail in the coffin as Liverpool vanquished Erik Ten Hag’s Manchester United by seven goals to put their name in the record books.
The 7-0 scoreline, with six goals coming in the second-half, equaled United’s heaviest defeat and is the club’s biggest loss in Premier League history. United lost by 0-7 margins on three other occasions, all away from home.
- Asian Games 2023: Indian debutants to watch out for at Hangzhou
- UEFA Champions League: Mikel Arteta wants Arsenal to make ‘beautiful memories’ on return
- Bayern Munich vs Man United LIVE streaming info, UCL 2023-24: How to watch Champions League match; Predicted XI
- Manchester City ‘in trouble’ after Silva adds to injury list, says Guardiola
- Bayern Munich vs Manchester United, UEFA Champions League 2023: Last five meetings between Bayern and United