Clubs are finding ever more creative ways to announce its new signings, as teams look to outdo each other on social media.
But when Sunderland finally completed the signing of Max Power from Wigan Athletic on Friday, they kept their announcement simple yet effective ... with a little help from Homer Simpson.
The League One club shared the news with a clip from the Simpsons episode 'Homer to the Max', in which the iconic cartoon character legally changes his name to Max Power.
Homer sings his new name in the clip, and the real-life Max Power will hope the Sunderland fans do the same at the Stadium of Light this season.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Round 7 Day 4 updates: Pratham ton puts Railways on track; TN gets two early wickets vs Punjab
- Warner not expecting affectionate farewell from New Zealand fans
- Alex Pereira vs. Jamahal Hill light heavyweight title fight announced as main event at UFC 300
- Thomas Tuchel’s job as Bayern Munich coach safe for now despite 3 straight defeats
- Title ‘not so realistic’ says Tuchel after Bayern’s ‘horror’ week