Pedro Manzi announced his Chennai City exit on Thursday in an Instagram post. The Spanish striker won the I-League last season with Chennai City, scoring 21 goals to be the joint top-scorer.
Manzi played two games for Chennai this season and scored a goal.
Announcing his departure he wrote on Instagram, "I hate goodbyes... I thought this wouldn't happen so soon but it's time to say goodbye to Chennai City FC.
It has been a difficult decision, but this is football and I leave India start to a new adventure in Japan."
Chennai City is eighth on the points table with five points from five matches.
- Ranji Trophy LIVE score, Day 5 Quarterfinal updates: Mumbai leads by 415 vs Baroda; Karnataka steady in 371-run chase v Baroda
- Jon Dahl Tomasson hired as first foreign-born coach of Sweden
- WPL 2024: How a mother’s ambition for her daughter sparked a cricketing revolution in Sajana and Minnu Mani’s Wayanad
- New Zealand’s Wagner retires from international cricket
- Paralympics chief hopes for full stadiums and extensive TV coverage in Paris