I-League runner-up East Bengal on Wednesday announced the extension of key midfielder Lalrindika Ralte's contract by two seasons.
Popularly known as Dika, the 26-year-old Mizoram footballer has been a vital cog in East Bengal midfield. He had two assists in the I-League as the red-and-gold finished one-point behind Chennai City FC to settle for the second spot.
After signing the contract extension, Dika said he is “delighted to play under the able coaching and guidance of coach Alejandro Menendez“ and expressed his happiness in continuing with the team.
“I’m looking forward to a stellar season ahead,” he said.
In a process of team rebuilding, East Bengal has already renewed contracts with Brandon Vanlalremdika and Spanish defender Borja Gomez.
East Bengal is eyeing to be part of the Indian Super League next season if the terms of bidding for it are financially acceptable.
- Chris Gayle hopes T20 World Cup can help cricket crack US market
- Recycled fish nets and geothermal power: inside the Paris Olympic village
- Olympic champion Douglas COVID free and ready to continue Paris pursuit
- PKL 10 Final: Players to watch out for in Puneri Paltan vs Haryana Steelers summit clash
- Liverpool’s young players must be protected, says Klopp