Indian women's national team head coach Maymol Rocky named a 23-member squad for India's upcoming friendlies against Uzbekistan as part of its preparations for the AFC Asian Cup 2022 qualifiers.
Six players were released from the initial 29-member squad which took part in the preparatory camp in New Delhi.
Goalkeeper Archana A., defenders Michel M. Castanha, Shruti Keramal, Samiksha A., midfielder Indumathi Kathiresan and forward Anushka Samuel were released.
Bala Devi, who was reportedly among the seven Manipuri footballers boycotting the national team over differences with coach Maymol Rocky and assistant Choaba Devi, continued to be included in the squad.
Sandiya Ranganathan, who was one of the notable absentees in the squad for the COTIF Cup, wherein the Indian women finished third, returned to the team.
India will play against Uzbekistan on August 29 and September 2 at the Yakkasary Stadium, Tashkent.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 3 Semifinal 2024: Shardul removes Jagadeesan, Sudarshan early; Shorey, Mokhade cut down MP’s lead
- Nadal hails ‘amazing’ Alcaraz after exhibition defeat
- Alcaraz outlasts Nadal in made-for-Netflix exhibition
- Training under Morkel at LSG the secret behind Vidarbha pacer Yash Thakur’s recent surge
- CSK opener Devon Conway ruled out of IPL 2024 first leg