Sreenidi Deccan FC scored two late goals to beat Aizawl FC 2-0 in a 12th-round match of the first phase of the I-League, at the Naihati Stadium on Thursday.
No goals were scored until the 83rd minute, when Sreenidi captain David Castaneda scored a penalty to get his team the lead. Vanlalbia Chhangte found the second goal in stoppage time to secure all three points for Sreenidi. The win helped the team regain the third spot in the current standings, with 20 points from 11 matches.
On the other hand, former champion Aizawl FC dropped out of the championship leg (for top seven teams), managing just 12 points from as many matches.
NEROCA held to a draw
In another match of the same round played at the Kalyani Stadium, NEROCA FC and Rajasthan United FC shared points after ending their match 1-1. Khaiminthang gave NEROCA an early lead, finding the target a couple of minutes after the kick off. Sardor Jakhonov scored midway in the second half to help Rajasthan United draw level.
With one more round to go, NEROCA FC was placed fifth while Rajasthan United took the seventh spot in the current standings.
- At Naihati : Aizawl FC 0 lost to Sreenidi Deccan FC 2 (David Castaneda 83-pen, Vanlalbiaa Chhangte 90+1)
- At Kalyani : NEROCA FC 1 ( Khaiminthang 2) drew with Rajasthan United FC 1 (Sardor Jakhonov 65)
- Real Kashmir FC 1 (Lalchhawnkima 56) lost to Mohammedan Sporting 3 (Andelo Rudovic 12, Sheik Faiaz 64, 89).
- NBA: LeBron James leads Lakers to In-Season Tournament semifinals with win over Suns
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup
- Men’s Volleyball Club World C’ship 2023: All you need to know, preview, schedule, live streaming info
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- Glenn Maxwell vows to play IPL until he ‘can’t walk anymore’