Indonesia’s football association (PSSI) will lobby the sport’s world governing body FIFA to avoid imposing sanctions, a senior official said on Wednesday, after the country lost its rights to host the Under-20 World Cup.
PSSI executive committee member Arya Sinulingga in a local television interview said, “We’re fighting not to get sanctioned”.
PSSI chief Erick Thohir in a statement also said Indonesia had to accept the decision.
- More teams to qualify directly for reshaped Women’s Champions League - UEFA
- ECB launch cricket regulator to tackle discrimination
- Real Madrid defender Carvajal out until next year due to calf injury
- Manchester City charged by FA over player conduct in Spurs draw
- ISL 2023: East Bengal blanks NorthEast United 5-0; Silva, Sekar shine