Indonesia’s football association (PSSI) will lobby the sport’s world governing body FIFA to avoid imposing sanctions, a senior official said on Wednesday, after the country lost its rights to host the Under-20 World Cup.
PSSI executive committee member Arya Sinulingga in a local television interview said, “We’re fighting not to get sanctioned”.
PSSI chief Erick Thohir in a statement also said Indonesia had to accept the decision.
Latest on Sportstar
- IND 4-1 BEL Live Score, FIH Pro League 2022-23: Harmanpreet scores brace as India dominates Belgium
- ENG vs IRE: Joe Root completes 11,000 Test runs, fastest batter to feat by matches
- Boxing: Vikas, Akash move to heavier weights for Asian Games selection
- Nurturing women’s cricket the Esmie Kripal Singh way
- Norway Chess: Gukesh outwits Mamedyarov, moves to fourth spot