Inter Milan manager Simone Inzaghi hopes to have Alexis Sanchez available for selection this week as the Serie A leader goes into a hectic period of fixtures with several key players struggling with injuries.
Former Arsenal and Manchester United forward Sanchez returned from Chile’s World Cup qualifiers with an ankle sprain and missed Sunday’s 1-1 draw at second-placed Juventus.
Inter will play twice a week until Christmas, starting with Wednesday’s Champions League game at Benfica.
“We’ll make our assessments in the hope that Sanchez will be back fit for our next game,” Inzaghi told reporters. “Now, we have Benfica and Napoli coming up, and we’re currently missing players.”
Alessandro Bastoni and Benjamin Pavard also missed the Juventus trip.
“Taking to the pitch every 48 hours isn’t easy, but I’m lucky to have lads who always show great willingness and make themselves available to me and my staff,” Inzaghi added.
“We’ve always rotated things when we’ve had to play three matches per week ... with such a difficult calendar, we need to work even harder.”
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Saurashtra loses three vs TN; Mulani picks two in two vs Baroda
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: ENG 112/4, leads by 156 runs; Kuldeep gets Crawley after his fifty
- Gopi Thonakal wins elite men’s race in New Delhi Marathon
- WPL 2024: UP Warriorz mentor Lisa Sthalekar impressed with team’s fielding after narrow defeat to RCB
- Irfan Pathan lauds Akash Deep for a memorable debut, terms Yashasvi Jaiswal as ‘‘special’‘