Indian Super League (ISL) club FC Pune City on Friday announced the signing of the Uruguayan centre-back Martin Diaz to strengthen its defence line for the season 2018-19.
Martin began his senior career with Defensor Sporting in 2008 and later played for Dinamo Bucuresti, CD Badajoz, Montevideo Wanderers, Atletico Rafaela and Liverpool FC in Primera Division.
NorthEast United FC signed him last season where he played 16 games. Martin also captained his national team in the 2005 FIFA U17 World Championship.
Head coach Miguel Angel Portugal said, “I have seen Martin last season and what impressed me is his work ethic and adaptability. He is never short of energy and brings in a lot of experience, which will help the young players of our team. I welcome him to our club and hope he makes a positive impact on the club as well as its fans.”
Excited after joining the club Martin said, “After witnessing what FC Pune City achieved last season, I felt the club was really moving along well. After meeting them, I realised their professional approach to everything in and around the club helped them achieve what they did. I am excited to join my new team and equally thrilled about accepting this new challenge.”
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Padikkal powers Karnataka to 7 wicket win over Bihar ; TN, Mumbai, Saurashtra, Bengal win
- Indian sports news wrap, November 29
- Champions League 2023: Early qualification delights Atletico coach Simeone
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament