Mumabi City FC's Ahmed Jahouh became the first player to be sent off twice in the ongoing Indian Super League (ISL) season.
In 3-1 win over Bengaluru FC at the Fatorda Stadium, Jahouh received his marching orders after a foul on Dimas Delgado in the final minutes of the game.
He was previously shown a straight red in his team's season-opening encounter against NorthEast United FC in November.
Goals from Mourtada Fall, Bipin Singh and Bartholomew Ogbeche against Bengaluru extended MCFC unbeaten streak to eight matches.
Since his debut in the ISL in 2017, this was Jahouh's fourth red card in 64 matches. He spent three seasons with FC Goa before he made a switch to Mumbai City in the 2020 summer transfer window.
- Diamond League final: Lyles, Duplantis aim to end 2023 on high note
- Krejcikova and Kenin will meet in the final of the San Diego Open
- 2023 ODI World Cup venues: Chepauk Stadium — capacity, pitch info and areas that need attention
- Asian Games 2023: How has India historically performed at the continental event?
- What were the major records broken at 2018 Asian Games?