Nestor Gordillo's appeal challenging the decision of the AIFF player status committee's four-month ban has been dismissed by the AIFF's Appeal Committee.
Gordillo had signed a “pre-contract” with the now-defunct FC Pune City despite having a year left on his contract with Chennai City FC (CCFC), which led to the ban from the player status committee.
The Spaniard was asked to pay a compensation of three-months salary to CCFC and also pay a fine of Rs 50,000 to the AIFF.
Following the dismissal of his appeal, Gordillo will have to serve the rest of his ban and pay the fines sanctioned on him to Chennai City and the AIFF.
Pune City was also imposed a two-window transfer ban and a fine of Rs 5 lakh for “inducing a breach of contract” while signing Gordillo from Chennai City without paying the necessary transfer fee.
Serving his ban, Gordillo will be available for selection from the reverse fixture against ATK in Hyderabad on December 21.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Tamil Nadu beats Baroda; Mumbai, Saurashtra win; MP in deep trouble v Bengal
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.