Thangjam Saran Singh will replace midfielder Lalrindika Ralte (nicknamed Dika) in the Mumbai City FC squad for season two of ISL, who is ruled out due to an ankle injury. Saran Singh plays for Salgaocar FC in the I-League.
Hescored the winner for Salgaocar in the 2014 Durand Cup final. Before Salgaocar FC, he achieved a lot of success playing for Churchill Brothers winning the I-League twice, IFA Shield once, Duran Cup twice and Indian Federation Cup once.
Commenting on the announcement, Indranil Das Blah, CEO, Mumbai City FC, said, “It’s unfortunate to let go of a player of Dika’s calibre. He’s someone who was with us last season as well and we were looking forward to having him as an integral part of the team. We wish him all the very best and hope he recovers soon.”
Mumbai City FC will play their first match of this year’s ISL against FC Pune City at Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex Stadium, Pune on October 5.
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika Mixed Doubles R-32 next
- Nepal becomes first team to score 300 in men’s T20I; Dipendra Singh breaks Yuvraj Singh’s record for fastest 50
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Mitchell Marsh scores fifty; Spinners help India control scoring rate
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit bows out in tennis QF; India 5th with 22 medals
- Shooting HIGHLIGHTS Asian Games 2023: Sift Kaur wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold - Hangzhou 2022 updates