Italy confirmed Marco Verratti, Domenico Berardi and Leonardo Spinazzola have withdrawn from the squad for upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against Bosnia-Herzegovina and Armenia, but Sandro Tonali has been added to the roster.
Paris Saint-Germain star Verratti played 80 minutes of its 2-1 win at Brest on Saturday but was withdrawn – according to reports in Italy – due to a calf strain.
Similarly, Italy has not confirmed the issue in-form Sassuolo attacker Berardi has sustained, though it is claimed he injured his thigh during the 3-1 defeat of Bologna.
ALSO READ| Euro 2020: Kroos and Goretzka return to Germany squad for final qualifiers
Spinazzola is reported to have suffered a muscular problem in action for Roma on Sunday.
Verratti is the only player to have been replaced, with highly rated 19-year-old Tonali, who has impressed in his debut Serie A season with Brescia, in line to earn his second cap.
Italy havs already qualified for Euro 2020. Its two remaining qualifiers sees the side face Bosnia away on Friday, before hosting Armenia three days later.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Title contender Rybakina marches past teenager Noskova into third round
- Harry Kane - Artificial intelligence can help reduce injuries
- Czech tournament does U-turn on Ukraine players after warning
- Premier Handball League: Rajasthan Patriots to lock horns against Maharashtra Ironmen in opening match
- History says the NBA Finals will end in 6 games, the most common of all outcomes