Juventus eased to a 3-1 victory over Genoa on Sunday to keep alive its faint hopes of making it 10 successive Serie A titles this season.
The reigning champion raced into a comfortable lead inside 22 minutes thanks to goals from Dejan Kulusevski and Alvaro Morata, the Spanish striker converting after Cristiano Ronaldo had hit the post.
Juventus has not been convincing recently, however, and let the visitor back into the match four minutes after the break with Gianluca Scamacca finding the net.
Genoa had chances to level but Weston McKennie stepped off the bench to make sure of the victory 20 minutes from time as third-placed Juventus moved on to 62 points after 30 matches, one behind AC Milan and 12 adrift of leader Inter Milan.
Napoli climbed to fourth in the standings thanks to a 2-0 win at Sampdoria while Sergej Milinkovic-Savic's stoppage-time goal earned sixth-placed Lazio a 1-0 victory at Hellas Verona. AS Roma hostd Bologna and fifth-placed Atalanta travels to Fiorentina later on Sunday.
With Inter winning earlier on Sunday, and Milan beating Parma on Saturday, it was important Juve kept pace at the top of the table, with only domestic honours to fight for.
It appeared on course for an easy win after Kulusevski scored his first goal since the end of January before Morata added a second to put Juve in control.
Scamacca could have levelled before the break but was not to be denied early in the second period and Marko Pjaca wasted a glorious chance to restore parity moments later.
But McKennie, making his return to the side after being fined by the club for breaking COVID-19 protocols, raced clear to seal the win.
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles Round of 64, Mixed Doubles R-32 updates; Live action at 1:30pm
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Rohit, Kohli, Kuldeep return as India looks to cleansweep Australia; toss at 1 PM
- Asian Games 2023: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol women’s final, Manu Bhaker finishes fifth
- Shooting LIVE SCORE Asian Games 2023: Sift wins gold with WR, Ashi bronze in 50m rifle 3P; Esha wins 25m women’s pistol silver; India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold- Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol, Sift Kaur Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new world record; India beats Singapore 13-0 in hockey, tennis results