Atletico Madrid’s Argentina midfielder Rodrigo De Paul has been ruled out of their La Liga match at Valencia on Saturday after picking up a thigh injury on international duty, the club said.
De Paul came off with muscle discomfort late in Argentina’s World Cup qualifying win against Bolivia on Tuesday and missed training with his club on his return to Madrid.
“De Paul has already started to receive physical therapy sessions and will carry out rehabilitation work in the gym,” Atletico said in a statement on Friday.
“The evolution of his injury will determine his return to work with the group.”
Spanish media reported that the 29-year-old will also miss Atletico’s Champions League opener at Lazio on Tuesday but is expected to be fit for next week’s derby at home to Real Madrid.
De Paul’s absence from Diego Simeone’s side comes on top of injuries keeping out Reinildo Mandava, Caglar Soyuncu, Koke and Memphis Depay.
- India vs Australia Live Score Updates, World Cup 2023 Final: AUS 135/3 (25); Head hits fifty; AUS in command in 241 chase vs IND
- Indian sports news wrap, November 19
- IND vs AUS, World Cup 2023 Final Live Reactions: Fans react as Smith doesn’t review lbw decision
- India vs Australia final LIVE Updates, ICC World Cup 2023 Closing Ceremony: Pritam, Jonita perform at innings break; laser show takes place during drinks break
- IND vs AUS Live scorecard, World Cup 2023 Final: Head takes charge of chase for Australia vs India