Barcelona forward Ousmane Dembele has been sidelined with a left hamstring injury, just two days after making his first appearance of the season, the La Liga club said.
Dembele, who had knee surgery in June, came off the bench for the last half hour of its 1-0 Champions League win at Dynamo Kyiv on Tuesday.
The club did not put a timeline on his return. The 24-year-old has frequently been sidelined due to injury since he was signed for EUR 105 million (USD 121.26 million) in 2017.
Barcelona, which is ninth in La Liga, also said full back Sergino Dest was unavailable for selection due to a lower back issue.
The 21-year-old American was not named in the U.S. squad for its upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Mexico (November 12) and Jamaica (November 16).
- Sports bodies ask IOC to allow Russians as neutral athletes for 2024 Paris Olympics
- Barcelona’s Marc-Andre ter Stegen to undergo surgery for lower back issue
- Javier Tebas to remain La Liga president until 2027
- Karun Nair hopes for national comeback after career reset with Vidarbha
- American team Trackhouse replaces RNF on 2024 MotoGP grid