Karim Benzema will miss Real Madrid's La-Liga match against Granada on Sunday due to a leg muscle injury, coach Carlo Ancelotti said on Saturday.
The France striker was forced off early during the match against Elche last month.
"He's ruled out, he's been training for several days but he's not feeling well enough, we still have to wait two or three days. He'll be there for the next match (against Villarreal)," Ancelotti told a news conference.
Real missed Benzema when it suffered a disappointing 1-0 loss at Athletic Bilbao in the Copa del Rey quarterfinals on Thursday.
"He is the top scorer in La-Liga, scored many goals this season... Any team, if they had Benzema and he was missing, would notice his absence," Ancelotti said.
"But we have also won games without him before, like against Inter Milan, Real Sociedad or Elche. He can be replaced."
ALSO READ : Chelsea coach Tuchel tests positive for Covid-19
Belgian forward Eden Hazard also missed the Bilbao defeat.
"Nothing has happened on a personal level, not physically, he is training and he's fine. But I have to make decisions looking for the best team. If he doesn't play it's because I prefer another player," Ancelotti said.
Ancelotti faces a selection headache on Sunday as Vinicius Junior is suspended.
The league leader hosts Granada as the league returns after a two-week break due to the rescheduled South American World Cup qualifiers postponed from last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Real Madrid leads the standings on 50 points from 22 games, four points ahead of second-placed Sevilla.
- Petr Kratky - The Czech wizard who steadied Mumbai City’s ship in the Indian Super League
- RCBW vs GGW WPL 2024 Highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore beats Gujarat Giants by 8 wickets
- ISL 2023-24: Punjab brushes Hyderabad FC aside, continues winning streak after resumption of season
- ISL 2023-24: FC Goa files complaint after Mumbai City analyst caught spying at training session
- Premier League: Brighton suffers blow as Mitoma likely to miss rest of season with injury