Lionel Messi has already signed a new contract with Barcelona and committed his future at Camp Nou, according to La Liga president Javier Tebas.
The future of the Argentina superstar has been the subject of some speculation, with his current contract set to expire in June.
If no new contract was in the offing, Messi would be free to speak to other clubs from January and reports of a reunion with Pep Guardiola at Manchester City have continued to linger.
However, Tebas says La Liga's record goalscorer is not going anywhere having already been informed Messi has penned his new agreement.
"Messi has a contract which has been renewed," Tebas told reporters on Tuesday.
"Contracts are official when they are signed and not when it is announced that they have been signed.
"Messi has signed with Barcelona, if I have not been lied to, he has signed."
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 29 - India fourth with 8 gold, 33 medals in total, China crosses 100-gold mark
- Champion, mentor, senior pro: At 37, Saurav Ghosal, flagbearer of Indian squash, is all this and much more
- World Cup warm-ups: Openers make merry as Bangladesh thrashes Sri Lanka
- World Cup 2023 warm-up: Ravindra’s swashbuckling innings guides New Zealand to five-wicket win over Pakistan
- Asian Games 2023: Accidental thrower Kiran Baliyan ends India’s 72-year wait for a women’s shot put medal