Lazio revived its hopes of Champions League qualification and subjected AC Milan to a second consecutive Serie A defeat as Joaquin Correa scored twice in a 3-0 win for the Roman club at the Stadio Olimpico on Monday.
The result dropped Milan, who is level on 66 points with third placed Napoli and Juventus, to fifth place on account of head-to-head records and goal difference. Second-placed Atalanta is two points ahead.
The Argentine international struck the opener after 77 seconds before beating his marker to fire home a superb second after the break.
Ciro Immobile fired in a third for Lazio late on, as the sixth-placed side earned a crucial win that takes the side up to 61 points, five behind Milan, Juventus and Napoli, but with a game in hand over all three.
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 LIVE Updates, Gujarat Giants vs U Mumba: Streaming info, head-to-head record, squads, key stats
- Junior Hockey World Cup: Araijeet scores hat-trick in India’s 4-2 win over Korea
- Indian sports news wrap, December 5: Vivaan win’s men’s trap in National selection trials; Sonal into AITA Women’s quarters
- Cyclone Michaung: 200 young paddlers stranded in Vijayawada
- Formula One: Shanghai and Miami to host F1 sprints for first time in 2024