Leeds United has been crowned champion of the second-tier Championship after third-placed Brentford lost 1-0 at Stoke City in its penultimate game of the season on Saturday.
Leeds secured promotion to the Premier League on Friday after second-placed West Bromwich Albion's loss at Huddersfield Town guaranteed a top-two finish and Marcelo Bielsa's side now have an unassailable five-point lead with a game in hand.
Stoke took the lead in the first half when Sam Clucas's shot from range was parried by goalkeeper David Raya into the path of striker Lee Gregory who scored with a simple tap-in.
Brentford, who needed to win to keep its hope of automatic promotion in its own hands going into the final day of the season, remained third -- a point behind West Brom.
- Petr Kratky - The Czech wizard who steadied Mumbai City’s ship in the Indian Super League
- RCBW vs GGW WPL 2024 Highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore beats Gujarat Giants by 8 wickets
- ISL 2023-24: Punjab brushes Hyderabad FC aside, continues winning streak after resumption of season
- ISL 2023-24: FC Goa files complaint after Mumbai City analyst caught spying at training session
- Premier League: Brighton suffers blow as Mitoma likely to miss rest of season with injury