In-demand Riyad Mahrez played 45 minutes as Premier League champions Leicester City began pre-season with a 2-1 comeback victory over Oxford United. Mahrez has been tipped to follow in the footsteps of N'Golo Kante, rather than Jamie Vardy, and depart the King Power Stadium after last season's thrilling title triumph.
Kante's new club Chelsea, Arsenal and Barcelona have all been linked to Mahrez, who saw Leicester go 1-0 down at the Kassam Stadium as Chris Maguire scored from outside the penalty area. Demarai Gray equalised before half-time, when Mahrez was one of five players to be withdrawn.
Ron-Robert Zieler and Luis Hernandez made debuts as half-time substitutes, while Ahmed Musa came on in the second period for his bow. Foxes boss Claudio Ranieri revealed after the match that Leicester's fourth summer signing Nampalys Mendy missed out through a minor injury.
It was a more familiar face to find the winner though, Jeff Schlupp hitting the target from distance.
- Al Ain vs Al Nassr Highlights, AFC Champions League Quarterfinal: Rahimi goal gives host 1-0 advantage in first leg
- AFC Champions League quarterfinal: Ronaldo’s Al Nassr suffers narrow loss against Al Ain in first-leg
- ISL 2023-24: NorthEast United FC’s playoffs challenge takes a hit with a 2-2 draw against Hyderabad FC
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore beats UP Warriorz, finishes home leg on a high
- Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth retires from international badminton