Leipzig midfielder Amadou Haidara tested positive for the coronavirus.
The Bundesliga club before its match in Augsburg said that the 22-year-old Haidara returned a positive result in the routine pre-game check.
The German club said the “values are below the normal level” and that Haidara “is not infectious.”
Haidara has been isolated and separated from the rest of the squad as a precautionary measure.
Germany was widely lauded for rapidly slowing the spread of the virus when the pandemic first broke out but the numbers have been climbing rapidly.
- Sports bodies ask IOC to allow Russians as neutral athletes for 2024 Paris Olympics
- Barcelona’s Marc-Andre ter Stegen to undergo surgery for lower back issue
- Javier Tebas to remain La Liga president until 2027
- Karun Nair hopes for national comeback after career reset with Vidarbha
- American team Trackhouse replaces RNF on 2024 MotoGP grid