Manchester United defender Eric Bailly has been ruled out of Ivory Coast's Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) campaign due to medial knee ligament damage, the Premier League club has confirmed.
On Sunday against Chelsea, Bailly featured in his first game for United since March 6 - a first leg defeat to Paris-Saint Germain.
The Ivorian limped off in the second half after Ander Herrera's tackle on Mateo Kovacic sent the Chelsea midfielder crashing into Bailly. He was replaced by Marcos Rojo.
United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer revealed after the match that the 25-year-old would not feature again for his club this season and the damage is severe enough to mean Bailly cannot take part in Ivory Coast's matches in Egypt when the 2019 continental tournament begins in June.
Ibrahim Kamara's side has been drawn alongside Morocco, South Africa and Namibia in Group D.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 3 Semifinal 2024: Indrajith fifty keeps TN afloat vs Mumbai; Mokhade, Karun fall right after Lunch vs MP
- Australia’s Cameron Green may focus on red-ball cricket to prepare for India Test series
- Joshua looking to deliver ‘statement’ win over Ngannou
- From Mewat in Haryana to Gainesville in Florida, Parvej Khan’s journey to the NCAA finals
- WPL 2024: Defending champion Mumbai Indians gets Harmanpreet boost ahead of RCB clash