AC Milan forward Mario Mandzukic has donated his March salary to charity because he was out injured for the entire month.
Mandzukic has played only 158 minutes for Milan since joining in January. The 34-year-old Croatian missed all of March with a muscle injury.
Milan president Paolo Scaroni said the money would go to Fondazione Milan — the club’s charity that helps youngsters.
“It’s an exceptional gesture which demonstrates the ethics and professionalism of Mario Mandzukic and his respect for Milan,” Scaroni said Friday.
“The club will thus have the opportunity to further support the Fondazione Milan for projects in favor of young people in conditions of socio-economic and educational fragility, in which sport is a tool for social inclusion,” he added.
- King’s Cup 2023: Litmus test for India to find its next No. 9 with FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers ahead
- VIDEO: I was a little a nervous on my comeback, says KL Rahul
- Danke Seb - Sebastian Vettel bids farewell to F1 after fabled career
- Indian sailing team headed to Newport USA for World Championships
- Arif Khan: From Valley to Beijing with hope and valour