Barcelona and Argentina star Lionel Messi was crowned FIFA Men's Player of the year on Tuesday as he saw off competition from Cristiano Ronaldo and Virgil Van Dijk.
USWNT star and the Golden Boot winner at the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup, Megan Rapinoe bagged the FIFA Women's Player award of the year.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp won the FIFA Men's Coach award, while USWNT coach Jill Ellis won FIFA Women's Coach of the Year, following her Women's World Cup glory with USA.
Coaches and captains from around the world participated in the voting process of the awards, wherein India men's national team captain Sunil Chhetri and coach Igor Stimac along with women's national team captain Ashalata Devi and coach Maymol Rocky played a part in the process.
Sunil Chhetri chose Liverpool defender Virgil Van Dijk for the best men's player, while Igor Stimac opted for Juventus striker Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ashalata Devi's choice for the women's player of the year was England defender Lucy Bronze, while Megan Rapinoe was Maymol Rocky's pick.
Chhetri and Stimac both chose Jurgen Klopp as their coach of the year, while Ashalata and Maymol voted for Jill Ellis.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open: Sabalenka, Djokovic hoping to steer clear of controversy
- ENG vs IRE Test, day 1: England takes control against Ireland as Broad stars with ball
- ‘I will continue’: Ronaldo says he’ll stay in Saudi
- India wins Junior Asia Cup, beats Pakistan 2-1
- Champions League final referee under UEFA scrutiny for links to far-right leader in Poland