Mexico goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa, after FIFA World Cup in Qatar, has joined Serie A side Salernitana on a free transfer from Club America on a contract until June 2023, the Italian club announced on Friday.
Liga MX’s America, where Ochoa had played since 2019, bid farewell to the 37-year-old Mexico captain on Tuesday in a statement on Twitter wishing him success in his next challenge in Europe.
“The player has tied up with the club until June 30, 2023, with an option to extend and will wear the number 13 jersey,” Salernitana said in a statement.
The signing comes after Salernitana confirmed that goalkeeper Luigi Sepe suffered a calf injury.
Salernitana is 12th in Serie A standings and resumes its season by hosting Milan on Jan 4.
- Portugal vs Iceland, Euro 2024 qualifiers: POR v ICE, streaming info, head-to-head, key stats, Cristiano Ronaldo in action
- IND vs AUS: Let the dust settle first for reflection, says Dravid after India loses ICC World Cup 2023 final
- Winning the World Cup is a better feeling than watching it from the couch: Head
- Never expected this, not in a million years: Travis Head talking about his ton in the ICC World Cup 2023 Final against India
- Mohammed Siraj gets emotional after World Cup final loss to Australia