Marek Hamsik equalled Diego Maradona's Napoli goalscoring record as Maurizio Sarri's men won 3-1 at Torino on Saturday to move top of the Serie A table.
Napoli had failed to score in three of its last five league games but it took the lead after just three minutes at the Olimpico Grande Torino.
Allan flicked on a left-wing set-piece and centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly was perfectly positioned to crash in an unstoppable header, scoring Napoli's sixth goal from corners this season.
Piotr Zielinski doubled Napoli's lead after 24 minutes, capitalising on slack Torino defending to run on to Jorginho's pass and beat Salvatore Sirigu.
Hamsik draws level with Maradona
Hamsik enjoyed his historic moment before the break, slotting a first-time strike into the top-right corner to level Maradona's haul of 115 goals for Napoli in all competitions and make it a perfect day for the Partenopei.
Andrea Belotti squeezed a low strike past Pepe Reina to get Torino on the scoresheet after 63 minutes, but victory gives Napoli a two-point lead over Inter after its surprise 3-1 home loss to Udinese.
- Indian sports news wrap, November 29
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Padikkal powers Karnataka to 7 wicket win over Bihar ; TN, Mumbai, Saurashtra, Bengal register wins
- New skipper Masood wants Pakistan to ‘change history’ on Australia tour
- Champions League 2023: Early qualification delights Atletico coach Simeone
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff