Former England, Newcastle United and Tottenham midfielder Paul Gascoigne has pleaded not guilty to a charge of sexual assault.
Gascoigne, 51, who earned 57 England caps between 1988 and 1998, was arrested on August 20 and charged on November 19 with allegedly sexually assaulting a woman on a train.
He appeared at Peterlee Magistrates' Court in County Durham on Tuesday and entered a plea of not guilty.
Gascoigne's case was subsequently transferred to Teeside Crown Court and will be heard on January 8 next year.
- IND vs AUS, 4th T20I preview: Vice captain Iyer returns as India looks to seal series against depleted Australia
- Indian sports news wrap, November 30
- ISL 2023-24: Odisha FC looks to continue AFC Cup form at league level against Jamshedpur
- From Kempes, Maradona to Messi: Ossie Ardiles explains the Argentina DNA behind winning the FIFA World Cup
- India need more people to take up sport for bigger Olympic success: Abhinav Bindra