Former Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech has signed with Oxford City Stars as their goaltender for the 2023-24 campaign, the third-tier ice hockey side said.
The 41-year-old, who won four Premier League titles, the Champions League and four FA Cups for Chelsea, previously played for Guildford Phoenix and the Chelmsford Chieftains.
“It’s clear Oxford have big ambitions and I hope I can help them with those,” said Cech, who played the sport as a youngster before switching to soccer.
“Personally I’m looking forward to build on the experience with Chelmsford Chieftains ... last season and help the team to reach new heights this coming season.”
- MotoGP riders give thumbs up to the Buddh International Circuit
- Wrestling World Championships: Antim Panghal wins bronze, guarantees India a Paris Olympic quota
- Putellas, Paredes say Spain players staying to promote change
- MotoGP’s top-four riders have an Indian connection
- MotoGP: Bagnaia in much better condition ahead of Indian Grand Prix after horrific crash