Everton on Friday signed striker Neal Maupay from Premier League rival Brighton for an undisclosed fee.
The 26-year-old, who scored 27 times in 110 appearances over three years at Brighton, penned a three-year contract with The Toffees.
“Everton is a great club with unbelievable fans and I am so, so happy to be here,” Maupay told evertontv.
“It feels amazing. It was an easy choice for me when I started to talk with the club. I knew straight away I wanted to play for Everton and help the club to succeed. I’m excited and it’s a new challenge for me.”
Maupay was not signed in time to face his former club Brentford on Saturday.
Everton has lost two of its three opening games this season, has only one point and scored just two goals. It sits fourth from bottom of the table while Brighton is in fifth place with seven points from three matches.
Latest on Sportstar
- Gundogan is HIM: Man City midfielder stakes claim to be best signing of Guardiola era
- French Open: Jabeur eases past Pera to move into quarterfinals
- French Open: ‘I feel 17 again’, says Svitolina after entering quarterfinals
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Shivam bags silver in javelin throw; Shakeel wins bronze in 800m
- 255-member strong contingent to represent India at Special Olympics World Summer Games