Everton forward Richarlison was charged on Wednesday with improper conduct for throwing a lit flare off the field after scoring a crucial goal in his team's successful fight to avoid relegation from the Premier League.
In the celebrations that followed Richarlison’s goal that ultimately earned Everton a 1-0 win over Chelsea on May 2, a lit blue smoke canister was thrown on to the field by supporters.
Richarlison responded by picking the object up and throwing it back in the direction of the stand, although it was unclear where it landed.
The English Football Association said the Brazil international has been charged with a breach of the rules and has until June 8 to provide a response.
It was one of a number of important goals scored by Richarlison as Everton stayed up with a match to spare in the recently completed season.
Latest on Sportstar
- Heat vs Nuggets Live Score, Game 2: MIA 32-44 DEN; Denver storms ahead in second quarter - NBA Finals updates
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 2?
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best