Roberto Mancini has warned Italy not to underestimate the less glamorous teams joining them in Group A at Euro 2020.
The Azzurri will face Turkey, Switzerland and Wales next June after receiving a relatively kind draw.
Mancini's men will be expected to reach the knockout rounds after maintaining a perfect record through qualifying, the only nation alongside Belgium to accomplish this feat.
But in 2016 semifinalist Wales, a talented Turkey team and a Switzerland side boasting the best FIFA ranking of the four, Mancini found hidden demons.
ALSO READ | Euro 2020 draw: Southgate relishing England v Croatia, Enrique content
"I don't think the group will be as simple as some are saying," the former Inter head coach told Radio Anch'io.
"They are annoying teams with nothing to lose. They all have good players and a lot of young players.
"Switzerland know us well and are always annoying to face, Wales can be a surprise with players in the Premier League and Turkey took four points from France in their qualifying group.
"These are teams that are difficult to deal with, but we are optimistic."
ALSO READ | Euro 2020 draw: Deschamps ready, Low relishing tough draw
Euro 2020 will mark Italy's first appearance at a major tournament in four years, following the shock failure to reach the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Mancini confirmed the squad he intends to take is already largely settled.
He said: "I believe the group is now outlined, but obviously if an extraordinary young man, a Paolo Rossi or [Salvatore] Schillaci, were to emerge in the next six months, we would be very pleased."
Latest on Sportstar
- Monfils and Svitolina - a support system for each other on and off the court
- It’s better to stay a bit underdone than overdone: Cummins on lack of game time ahead of WTC final
- In England, you never feel in but you will have an intuition when to attack: Rohit Sharma
- NBA Finals: Heat’s Cody Zeller upgraded to probable for Game 2
- Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao; La Liga LIVE: Half-time RMA 0-0 ATH, after Courtois saves an early penalty