Valencia coach Albert Celades has conceded negotiations for Rodrigo Moreno's transfer to Barcelona are "open".
Rodrigo returned from injury on Saturday as Valencia beat Barca 2-0 at the Mestalla, handing Quique Setien his first defeat since replacing Ernesto Valverde.
While the Spain international missed training on Monday to have a check-up on his knee in Barcelona, a move to the reigning La Liga champion appears to be on the cards for the Brazilian-born forward.
"Rodrigo is a player who can make the difference, that's why Barcelona want him," Celades told a media conference ahead of Valencia's Copa del Rey clash with Cultural Leonesa.
"The negotiation is open and we will not hide.
"Rodrigo and I have talked. I can't make a private conversation public."
The arrival of Rodrigo would give Barca cover for Luis Suarez, who is expected to be out of action for four months with a knee injury.
Barcelona is three points adrift of leader Real Madrid following the loss to Valencia; Setien's men host Leganes in the Copa del Rey on Thursday before welcoming Levante to Camp Nou in the league on Sunday.
- India vs China Badminton LIVE Score men’s team final, Asian Games 2023: Srikanth in action; Satwik-Chirag, Lakshya win to give India 2-0 lead in tie; Hangzhou updates
- Indian shooters script history at Asian Games 2023, end campaign with 22 medals: Full list of medallists in shooting
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, October 1: Avinash Sable wins 3000m SC gold; Nikhat Zareen wins bronze; Satwik-Chirag win, India 2-0 in men’s badminton final - Hangzhou 2022 Scores
- Asian Games 2023: Avinash Sable wins gold in men’s 3000m steeplechase; breaks Games record
- Eredivisie: RKC Waalwijk vs Ajax called off halted after goalkeeper Vaessen knocked unconscious