Ajax star Matthijs de Ligt should avoid joining Manchester United this close season, according to Ruud Gullit.
De Ligt, 19, has been linked with numerous European heavyweights, including United, Liverpool and Barcelona, although Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly favourites to sign the centre-back.
Netherlands great Gullit feels his fellow Dutchman should not head to Old Trafford after United missed out on Champions League qualification.
"I don't think Man United, they don't play [in the] Champions League," he said, speaking at the Costa Smeralda Invitational.
"I think he wants to play Champions League. So, that's unfortunate for Man United.
"It's going to be difficult, a lot of them maybe have a UEFA ban, so there's a lot that's going on still. So I hope he makes the right decision for himself."
De Ligt captained Ajax to a domestic double last season, while they also reached the Champions League semifinals.
Latest on Sportstar
- German federation mourns teenager’s death after youth tournament
- Sinner dumped out of French Open Round 2 by world no. 79 Altmaier in 5-hour 26-minute epic
- Swiatek defeats Liu, reaches French Open third round
- India vs Pakistan Live Score, Final: IND 2-0 PAK; Hundal scores second goal - Junior Asia Cup updates
- Indian sports news wrap, June 1