Paulo Dybala's presence is no hindrance to Juventus' ongoing search for new signings, according to the club's vice-president Pavel Nedved.
The Serie A champion heads into Saturday's season opener against Parma with a host of new signings at their disposal, including Matthijs de Ligt, Aaron Ramsey and right-back Danilo.
Argentina forward Dybala seemed set to make way amid the influx with Manchester United, Tottenham and Paris Saint-Germain all linked at various stages.
None of those proposed moves have transpired and the 25-year-old is still standing at Allianz Stadium, a situation that sits comfortably with Nedved.
"Dybala will never be a problem for us because he is a great player," the former Bianconeri midfielder said on Friday, sitting in at a pre-match news conference as head coach Maurizio Sarri continues his recovery from a bout of pneumonia.
"Maurizio is using him as a false nine and I believe he is playing the role very well. He had a great pre-season."
Nedved dodged questions about Inter outcast and rumoured Juve target Mauro Icardi but revealed there could yet be further new arrivals.
"[Sporting director] Fabio Paratici has had done extraordinary things, some beautiful and important deals," he said.
"The transfer window is still open and we will see if there are opportunities we can seize.
"We are not forced to do anything. If there are possibilities, we will do something. Otherwise we will remain as we are."
Juve will, however, have to do without the guidance of head coach Sarri for their first two Serie A fixtures as he recuperates.
The former Chelsea boss is to return to work after the international break, Nedved confirmed.
He said: "Pneumonia is not a simple thing. Sarri would like to be out the training pitch and in the office every day because he is a great professional, but he needs time. He is getting better.
"Obviously there are difficulties for us, but we have managed them before."
- UP Warriorz vs Delhi Capitals Live Updates, WPL 2024: Kapp jolts UPW early, removes top order
- East Bengal vs Chennaiyin FC LIVE score, EBFC 0-0 CFC, ISL 2023-24: Chennai on the front foot looking for the opener
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023-24 Playoffs, PKL 10 LIVE Updates, Dabang Delhi vs Patna Pirates: Lineups out, later Gujarat Giants lock horns with Haryana Steelers at 9
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- Maiden First-Class ton after 110 overs of keeping: Hardik Tamore’s grit takes Mumbai to safety in Ranji quarters