SO Malaysia and SO Russia clinched the winner’s medal in the men’s and women’s category as the Special Olympics International Football Championship 2019 came to an end on Tuesday at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
SO Malaysia defeated SO Korea 7-2 in the final of the men’s Division 1, while SO Russia thrashed SO Philippines 6-1 in the women’s Division 1 summit clash.
SO Bharat 1 finished third and SO Bangladesh finished fourth in men’s Division 1. SO Egypt was adjudged Division 2 winner, followed by SO Austria and SO Maldives.
SO Bharat 2 took the third place in men’s Division 3, which was won by SO Myanmar. SO Indonesia finished second.
In the women’s category, SO Bharat and SO Bangladesh finished fourth and third respectively in Division 1. SO Indonesia won Division 2, which saw SO UAE finish second, followed by SO Malaysia and SO Maldives.
All players from 18 teams, representing 12 countries, took home a medal.
A unified game, involving athletes with and without intellectual disabilities, was played before the closing ceremony. The closing parade also featured Indian women’s national team goalkeeper Vinitha Vijaya Kumar, and Chennaiyin FC players Dhanpal Ganesh and Edwin Sydney Vanspaul.
- Al Nassr vs Al Riyadh LIVE Streaming info: When, where to watch Cristiano Ronaldo in the Saudi Pro League?
- Delhi High Court issues interim stay order against Shaji Prabhakaran’s removal as AIFF general secretary
- Messi, Miami heading to Hong Kong for pre-season friendly
- India vs Australia T20s stats: Key numbers, trivia and facts from IND v AUS T20I series
- HI names 22-member Indian women’s team for 5-Nation tournament in Spain