Manchester City’s Kevin de Bruyne suffered an injury and had to be substituted off in the UEFA Champions League final against Inter Milan in Istanbul on Sunday.
The Belgian received medical attention after being visibly uncomfortable in the middle and was replaced by Phil Foden eventually in the 35th minute. The nature of his injury is still uncertain.
De Bruyne was also forced off injured, after being taken out in a collision with Antonio Ruediger, when City lost to Chelsea in the final two years ago. The playmaker suffered a concussion, a broken nose and broken eye was taken to a hospital on that occasion.
(with inputs from Reuters)
- Asian Games success will boost cricket’s hopes for 2028 Los Angeles Olympics
- No Hermoso in Spain squad for UEFA Women’s Nation’s League; Putellas, Bonmati among FIFA Women’s World Cup winners included
- India men’s cricket squad for Asian Games 2022: Team news; Gaikwad captain; Yashasvi, Rinku make the cut
- Mumbai City vs Nassaji Mazandaran, AFC Champions League Highlights: Islanders start ACL campaign with a 0-2 loss
- India women’s cricket squad for Asian Games 2022: Team news; Harmanpreet suspended for two matches, Mandhana to lead