Real Madrid winger Lucas Vazquez is set to miss the rest of the season after straining knee ligaments during the 2-1 win over Barcelona, his club said on Sunday.
Vazquez, who has played at right back for most of the campaign in the absence of the injured Dani Carvajal, was involved in a heavy challenge with Barcelona's Sergio Busquets on Saturday and was substituted.
The Spaniard set up Karim Benzema's opening goal against Barcelona which put Real on the way to a sixth straight victory in all competitions and took it to the top of La Liga.
Vazquez played in Real's 3-1 win over Liverpool in Tuesday's Champions League quarterfinal first leg and Alvaro Odriozola is set to take his place for the return leg at Anfield on Wednesday.
- Kerala Blasters vs Bengaluru FC - A look at the last five encounters in the ISL
- Indian Super League 2023-24 Quiz — Set 1
- India vs Bangladesh LIVE Streaming info: When and where to watch Indian football in Asian Games 2023?
- India vs Chinese Taipei LIVE streaming info: When and where to watch Indian women’s football match?
- Lionel Messi will miss another game for Inter Miami after leaving Toronto match early