Manchester City's Caroline Weir scored twice as it came from a goal down to beat Chelsea 3-1 in the Women's League Cup final on Saturday, winning the trophy for a fourth time.
Chelsea, who completed a clean sweep of domestic trophies last season, looked like it might capture its third successive League Cup when Sam Kerr did well to finish from close range in the 34th minute at Plough Lane.
However, Gareth Taylor's City turned the game around shortly after halftime when Scottish forward Weir equalised with a low shot in the area before Ellen White pounced on a rebound in the 58th minute to give her side the lead.
Weir sealed victory in some style with a side-footed volley in the 69th as City won its first trophy in two years and ended a winless run of nine matches against Emma Hayes' Chelsea.
- Gujarat Giants vs Telugu Titans LIVE Score, Pro Kabaddi League 2023: Fazel’s Gujarat takes on Pawan Sehrawat’s Titans; When, where to watch PKL 10 season opener?
- Indian sports news wrap, December 2: Rethin, Aishi win ITF junior titles; Elavenil clinches shooting nationals gold
- Pro Kabaddi League: All the PKL rules explained ahead of season 10
- EURO 2024: Top seedings, potential match-ups, when, where to watch European Championship draw?
- Hyderabad FC vs Mohun Bagan SG LIVE score and updates, HFC v MBSG ISL 2023-24, preview, lineups and more