Liverpool's Alisson Becker could be the best goalkeeper in world football, according to Roma boss Eusebio Di Francesco.
Alisson enjoyed a breakthrough season at Stadio Olimpico last term, starring as Roma made it to the Champions League semi-finals - was beaten by Liverpool - and a third-placed finish in Serie A.
His superb form earned him a starting berth for Brazil at World Cup 2018, and that was followed by a move to Liverpool, with the Premier League side paying a then world-record fee for a goalkeeper to bring the 25-year-old to Anfield.
Roma signed Robin Olsen as a replacement, but, while confirming that the Sweden goalkeeper will start in the Giallorossi's season opener against Torino, Di Francesco acknowledged it will be difficult to fill the void left by Alisson's departure.
"Choices were made, linked in with many situations," Di Francesco told a press conference.
"It's not easy to replace Alisson, who is perhaps the best goalkeeper in the world. Robin proved his quality at the World Cup, he is ready and he will start tomorrow [Sunday].
"Many clubs below us in the table have reinforced, but generally all of Serie A has strengthened. We'll see as time goes on if Roma have improved.
"Some important players left, others arrived, and I am overall satisfied. There is still time to sell some players abroad, as there are many of us."
- UEFA hosts women football stars for expert advice, then it thanks ousted Luis Rubiales for his service
- India vs Pakistan Reserve Day weather updates, Asia Cup Super 4: Play resumes after rain relents
- India vs Sri Lanka Colombo LIVE weather updates, Asia Cup 2023: Will rain affect IND vs SL match today?
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Streaming info, Asia Cup 2023: When and where to watch IND vs SL match today?
- India vs Sri Lanka Dream11 prediction, Asia Cup 2023 Super Four: Playing XI updates, fantasy team for IND vs SL match today