Zimbabwe fired coach Zdravko Logarusic on Sunday after taking just one point from two games in World Cup qualifying.
Former Zimbabwe captain and ex-Manchester City forward Benjani Mwaruwari is being considered a candidate to replace the Croatian.
Logarusic was appointed in February 2020 but a run of bad form came to a head with a 0-0 draw against South Africa and a 1-0 loss to Ethiopia this month.
The Zimbabwe Football Association said a new coach will be named before the two World Cup qualifiers against Ghana next month.
Mwaruwari was made an assistant coach with the national team two weeks ago and is now tipped to get the head coach job.
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: TN jolts Baroda, Saurashtra nears win vs Odisha; MP collapses v Bengal
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.