Zlatan Ibrahimovic is going to keep playing with AC Milan when he's 40. And he'll likely make his return to the Champions League.
Milan announced on Thursday that Ibrahimovic, who turns 40 on October, had signed a one-year contract extension. While financial details were not disclosed, Ibrahimovic is expected to maintain the same salary of EUR 7 million (USD 8.4 million) per season.
ALSO READ - Atalanta draws 1-1 at Roma
Ibrahimovic’s return at the start of last year signalled a turnaround for Milan that saw the Rossoneri leading Serie A for much of this season. Milan is currently in second and still in the Champions League places.
Milan, a seven-time European champion, has not played in the Champions League since the 2013-14 season.
Ibrahimovic has scored 15 goals in 17 Serie A games for Milan this season. However, he has also missed many games through injury, the coronavirus and suspension.
- Sweden midfielder Olsson in hospital with brain condition, his Danish club says
- PKL 10 Semifinal 1, Puneri Paltan vs Patna Pirates: Road to semifinal, head-to-head, all you need to know
- Namibia’s Loftie-Eaton scores fastest-ever Men’s T20I century
- Ranji Trophy HIGHLIGHTS, Quarterfinal Day 5: Vidarbha, Mumbai qualify for semifinal; to face Madhya Pradesh, Tamil nadu
- Murthal Magnets lift the Inaugural JSG Women’s Yuva Kabaddi Series 2024 trophy