LIV Golf announced the league set an attendance record for United States-based events at LIV Golf DC over the weekend.
While LIV did not provide exact attendance figures, the league said that more than 60 per cent of ticket sales came from week-of-tournament sales. Saturday’s second round had a higher walk-up crowd than expected, contributing to a beer shortage on Saturday at Trump National Golf Club DC, according to multiple reports.
According to the league, around 10 per cent of the ticket tales were from active-duty military or veteran service members along with children 12 and under, who receive complimentary admission.
LIV Golf DC was the league’s seventh of 14 scheduled in its second season, and the three-day event eclipsed the previous U.S. attendance record set in Tulsa, Okla., earlier this month. The crowd for Sunday’s final round was around 14,000 by one organizer estimate, which was more than double what local and state law enforcement anticipated, according to Front Office Sports.
- Dutch Grand Prix: Verstappen fastest in final red-flagged practice
- FC Goa vs Chennaiyin FC LIVE: FCG v CFC, Durand Cup 2023 quarterfinal streaming info
- AFG vs PAK Live Score, 3rd ODI: Pakistan openers Fakhar, Imam fall as Gulbadin strikes twice
- HS Prannoy vs Kunlavut Vitidsarn Live Score, BWF World Championships: Prannoy looks to seal final spot - Semifinal updates
- World Athletics Championships 2023 Day 8, LIVE Updates: Indian men’s relay team in action at 11PM; Ethiopia’s Beriso wins marathon gold