Mohammad Ali Qamar (2002), Akhil Kumar (2006) and Suranjoy Singh, Manoj Kumar and Paramjeet Samota (2010) have all won gold medals. Vijender Singh is the most successful Indian boxer at the Commonwealth Games in terms of number of medals won. The Olympic and World Championship medallist bagged medals in the 2006 (silver), 2010 (bronze) and 2014 (silver) editions of the Games.
In Gold Coast, India has fielded 12 boxers — light fly (49 kg), fly (52 kg), bantam (56 kg), light (60 kg), welter (69 kg), middle (75 kg), heavy (91 kg) and super heavy (+91 kg) in men, light fly (48 kg), fly (51 kg), light (60 kg) and welter (69 kg) in women.
Five-time World champion and Olympic medallist Mary Kom (48 kg), former World and Asian champion Sarita Devi (60 kg), former Commonwealth Games medallist Pinki Rani Jangra (51 kg) and Asian championship medallist Lovlina Borgohain (69 kg) are expected to win medals in the women’s section for India.
Among men, experienced boxers like World championship medallist Vikas Krishan (75 kg) and former CWG gold medallist Manoj Kumar (69 kg) and up-and-coming boxers such as Asian championship bronze medallist Amit Panghal (49 kg) and National champion Manish Kaushik (60 kg) are capable of podium finishes.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 6: MP 166/7 vs TN; Tripura closes in on win vs Mumbai; Haryana beats Karnataka
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Haryana beats Karnataka by five wickets, seals knockouts berth
- WI vs ENG Dream11 Prediction, 1st ODI: West Indies vs England predicted XI, fantasy tips, squads
- WI vs ENG Live Streaming Info, 1st ODI: When and where to watch England tour of West Indies 2023-24?
- NBA roundup: Clippers stuns Warriors after trailing by 22