Formula One announced that the Belgian Grand Prix will return in 2023 on Sunday.
A statement from Formula 1 to the media ahead of Sunday’s race at Spa said: “Formula 1 can confirm that the Belgian Grand Prix will be on the 2023 calendar following an agreement to extend our partnership together. Further details on the 2023 calendar will be announced in due course.”
Formula 1 President and CEO Stefano Domenicali said on Sky Sports F1, “We have to congratulate the job [the race organisers] did. You’ve seen the investment they did. You see the number of people that are coming here… Incredible crowd, incredible attention to the people, and this is great. Great I think for the sport.
“We always said that the race is a part of our tradition, and it has a very important space in our calendar, and this is a fact that we wanted to share in this moment.”
Spa first featured on the Formula 1 calendar in the sport’s inaugural season in 1950, with the 2022 race – in which Ferrari driver Carlos Sainz is set to start on pole position – set to be the 55th to be held on the circuit.
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Colombo weather updates, Asia Cup final: Rain delays start of play
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Score, Asia Cup final 2023: Nissanka, Perera to open for SL vs IND; Start delayed due to drizzle
- India vs Sri Lanka, Asia Cup 2023 Final: List of Asia Cup winners, finals and results
- SA vs AUS LIVE Score, 5th ODI Scorecard, commentary and streaming updates
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Scorecard, Asia Cup final: Streaming info; When and where to watch IND vs SL match today?