Tamil Nadu’s Rosy Meena Paulraj set a new national record of 4.20m in the women’s pole vault at the National Games on Saturday. The 25-year-old bettered the previous mark of 4.15m set by V Surekha in 2014. Paulraj’s mark is subject to ratification.
Paulraj first made a mark when she won a gold at the 2022 Federation Cup. She had a personal best of 4.00 prior to her performance at the National Games.
It’s been a good day at the National Games for Tamil Nadu.
Weightlifter N Ajith broke the National Record in the Clean and Jerk with a lift of 174kg to push National Games record efforts by track and field athletes into the shade.
Archana Suseendran won silver in the women’s 100m with a timing of 11.55s. She finished after Andhra Pradesh’s Jyothi Yarraji.
Earlier, Praveen Chithravel, in the absence of Abdulla Aboobacker, stole the limelight by setting a new Games record and winning the men’s triple jump title. The Tamil Nadu jumper leaped to 16.68m to erase Ranjith Maheshwary’s 2015 mark of 16.66m.
More to follow
- Abhay Singh wins Goodfellow Classic squash in Toronto
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: IND 307 all out; England leads by 46 runs
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: TN 338 all out, leads by 155; Yash Thakur removes Manish Pandey
- IND vs ENG: Shoaib Bashir becomes second youngest overseas bowler to pick five wickets in India
- NBA roundup: Celtics tops Knicks for 8th straight win